What has changed for Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals (aka VSDB, DB Dude) in the 2008 edition?
- Installation: No more additional setup. In Visual Studio Team System 2008 VSDB completely integrated in the standard setup, so no more additional downloads. All you have to do is to make sure the Team Database Edition option is checked in the features to install window. The database project functionality is only available in two of the Visual Studio Team System SKU's:
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition.
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite.
- The Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition is based on the v1.0 functionality plus the Service Release 1 functionality.
- Solution Explorer performance improvements, especially when your project has large number of objects stored under a single node instead Solution Explorer.
What about the great features of VSDB 2005 power tools? Not available yet. MS trying to release a new VSDB 2008 Power Tools release targeting later this month.